Wireless is becoming more and more popular with the support of iPhone 8 and iPhone X. But how does the wireless charger work, which works by transmitting the electric energy of the charger from the back of the cell phone to the radio receiver in the form of electromagnetic induction, and then the charger produces an alternating electromagnetic field through the induction coil. In the field, the receiver coil on the cell phone is transformed into electric energy to enter the battery, thus completing the charging process of the mobile phone.
At present, there are mainly two standards of wireless charging technology in the field of consumption: Qi of WPC and PowerMat of AirFuel alliance. However, the underlying technology of the two standards is basically the same, depending on the so-called "resonant inductance coupling". In a simple way, the electric power is transmitted and accepted through two coils.
How Does The Wireless Charger Work？
The working state of resonant inductance coupling is actually not complicated and difficult to understand. First, the wireless charging base you buy for mobile phone needs to connect the AC power supply, and the charger will convert it to DC power to provide the digital device. When the wireless charging base is electrified, the coil generates a magnetic field, and the inner coil is actually a transmitter; and the back of the mobile phone that supports the wireless charge is integrated with the receiver coil to complete the power transmission.
Is Wireless Charging Safe?
1. Within the scope of security, the charger produces a weak magnetic field that can charge the device but does not affect the nearby credit cards, videotapes, and other objects using magnetic recording data. But try to avoid direct contact with the charging platform when charging.
2, wireless charging technology, a variety of devices can use a charging base station, mobile phone, MP3 player, power tools and other power adapters. By using the magnetic field generated by the coil and transmitting the electric energy, the inductively coupled technology will become a bridge connecting the charging base station and the equipment.
Most of the current chargers, such as iPod and iPhone, are charged through the direct contact of metal wires to the battery in the device. The advantage of wireless charging technology lies in its convenience and versatility. The disadvantage is that the efficiency is low and the power can only be provided.
3, the body's response to the electric field is very strong, but the body's response to the magnetic field is almost nothing, so the system will not affect human health.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Wireless Charging
One of the advantages of wireless charging is naturally convenient. For example, we usually return home to charge a cell phone and need to look for a charging line. Even if the charger is connected to the socket, we still need to pick up the cable and insert the cell phone. With wireless charging, you can simply put your cell phone directly on the base. Although there are only one or two steps to be taken, the convenience will be realized over time. After all, the human society is a little bit progressive.
The disadvantage is that wireless charging must achieve contact, and the contact position needs to be relatively accurate. Besides, the wireless charging base is not randomly distributed, and it needs additional purchase.
Qi Wireless Charging and PowerMat Which One Better？
For the time being, both Qi and PowerMat are actually similar, but the former is relatively popular, while Samsung, such as Samsung, has basically achieved full compatibility. Because of the strong market appeal of Qi, in addition to the traditional charging base, it has also attracted furniture manufacturers such as IKEA, launching a table, lamp and other products to support Qi charging, making the use of the scene more living.
As for the AirFuel alliance, we are now focusing on R & D induction charging. In 2014, it merged with another wireless charging standard, A4WP, and the latter was able to work with magnets, and there might be some more interesting new technologies after completing the integration of patents and resources.
How Does A Wireless Charger Work for iPhone？
1. connect the charger to the power supply. Please use the power adapter that the accessory comes with or the power adapter recommended by the manufacturer.
2. put the charger on the horizontal surface or other locations recommended by the manufacturer.
3. put iPhone on the charger to make the display up. In order to get the best performance, please put the phone in the central position of the charger or the location recommended by the manufacturer.
4.iPhone should start charging when it is put on the wireless charger for a few seconds.
IPhone wireless charger considerations
1. Wireless charging uses the principle of magnetic induction to charge iPhone. Do not place anything between iPhone and charger. If a magnetic bracket, a magnetic shield or other object is placed between the iPhone and the charger, it may reduce the performance of the charger, or damage the magnetic strip or the RFID chip (often in some credit cards, safety signs, passports and smart keys). If you have these sensitive items in your protective shell, please remove them before charging, or make sure that they are not between the back of iPhone and the charger.
2. If your iPhone is not charged or charged slowly, and iPhone is equipped with a thick shell, metal shell, or battery shell, please try to remove the shell or shell.
3. If your iPhone vibration (for example, when received notification), iPhone may shift. This may cause the charging station to stop providing power for iPhone. If this happens frequently, consider closing the vibration function, opening the "do not disturb mode" or using the protective shell to prevent movement.
4. You may hear a faint noise when charging iPhone, depending on the charging platform you use.
5. iPhone may have some fever when charging. In order to extend the battery life, if the battery is overheated, the software will limit the charge when the power reaches 80%. When the temperature drops, the iPhone will recharge again. Try to move the iPhone and charger to a cooler location.
6. When connecting to USB, iPhone will not charge for wireless. If your iPhone is connected to the computer through USB, or connected to the USB power adapter, iPhone will charge through the USB connection.
What Phones Have Qi Wireless Charging？
Though wireless charging is not a necessary function of smart phones, it has become more and more popular. This year Apple's new iPhone support Qi is an example. In the field of Android, Samsung S7/S8 series supports two major wireless charging standards, so it is basically compatible with all the wireless charging base on the market. As for the specific models of other brands, we can know whether to support them by checking the parameter list.
How does wireless charging work？